Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'm not finished.

                Technically, it’s the end of the month.  Therefore, my October project has officially come to an end.  But I’m not ready to stop.  I thought that after 31 days I would be sick of this dress.  I thought I would be disgusted to have to put it on every day.  Honestly, I didn’t even believe that many people would pay attention to the issue I was subtly drawing attention to.  Sadly, I’m not sure if I doubted myself or if I doubted God’s ability to act within it, more.  Either way, it brings me great pleasure to admit that I was horribly wrong.  God has blessed this project in so many ways, and brought awareness of human trafficking to many people.   I am so excited that this went much better than I ever anticipated. 
I am blessed with an amazing group of friends who went through this month long project with me.  Some wore the dress (you know who you are) and others put up with my frequent rants and even a three-day-long bout of hysterical crying.  God has been ever-present during this project, and I know He’ll continue to use me ,and the wonderful people around me, to bring heart-wrenching issues like human trafficking to the forefronts of everyone’s minds.  I pray that the passion I have for this issue will continue to manifest itself in a way that is pleasing to God and shows His great love for ALL of His children.
                Galatians 6:9-Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
                Ending the project now is in no way “giving up;” after all, this is the end of the month.  However, I cannot stand the thought of ending the project when so many good things are happening because of it (I'm not saying that to be rude to the girls who are ending the project today, it's my personal conviction to continue).  Awareness is there, in the minds of the student body here at OU, but I don’t think the passion for issues like these is present.    For that reason, Danielle (my best friend from Toledo) and I are continuing the project.  We want people to not only know about human trafficking in Toledo, in Ohio, in the United States, and in the world, but most importantly, we want them to feel passionate about an issue, any issue. This time, I do not have a time restriction.  I will continue wearing the dress, and everything it represents, until I feel God calling me elsewhere.
                Again, thank you all for your love, your prayers, and your unfailing support, but don’t think your job is over.  I’m a long way from finished.

 PICTURES!!!!


Day 27: Kira's sweater


Day 28: Danielle's (from down the hall) sweater


Day 29:  Danielle's sweater


Day 30:  It's Sunday, I was feeling sweatpants.  The sweater is Danielle's.  I spent this day cleaning up Court Street after the crazy Halloween shenanigans.


Day 31: Halloween, the "last day." The scarf belongs to my baby sister.


The four girls who having been participating down here in Athens.  (Left to right:  Emily, Me, Sarah, and Hannah)


Crazy pose!


The whole litter of puppies


The females: one of these babies is coming home with me.

1 comment:

  1. God is truly shining through you and working through you! I love you Emily Fish! You are truly amazing!!

    ReplyDelete