Friday, September 30, 2011

The Day Before

Tomorrow is Saturday October 1st.  This means tomorrow I start wearing “the dress." As the day progresses, I get a little more terrified.  Unfortunately, none of my friends participating alongside me are feeling the same apprehension. 

I just keep thinking, maybe my friends aren’t apprehensive because they have something that I don’t.  This leads me to think, maybe I'm not good enough, charismatic enough, strong enough, brave enough, faithful enough, humble enough, or outgoing enough to spread the message.  Maybe I’m just not supposed to do this.

(Can you tell I’m starting to FREAK out? … ‘cause I am.)

But then I remember that this idea of not being “enough” is one of the enemy's favorite weapons.  He uses it to keep us enslaved to feelings of inferiority, insecurity, and inadequacy.  And I certainly have been feeling inadequate.  It wasn’t until today, reading Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go” that I remembered that I AM enough.   Thanks to Jesus, and the rebirth I experienced through him, when God looks at me, He sees Jesus.  And Jesus is “good enough”. 

So, my message tonight is for those of you who don’t think one person can make a difference, that you aren’t properly qualified to go about assisting the fight to end human trafficking, that you aren’t “enough”.  The bottom line is, the enemy wants you to believe that you are "not enough."  But you are. You are enough and have been equipped and empowered to do everything that God has called you to do.


So my final prayer is this:
 GOD please don’t let this be about me.
 Let it be about YOU.
 I pray that YOU will use me to draw attention to the imprisonment of YOUR children.
 Let the students at this university have open minds and hearts as I speak to them.
             Help the people here realize that they are enough, because YOU are enough
 GOD, help this not to be about me, but about YOU.
 Let this be about lifting up the broken, spreading the good news to the unfortunate,
 Rescuing the innocent from their bondage
 About sacrificing and giving to those who have had so much stolen from them
 Let this be about YOU.
 Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment