Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Five days later....

Hello world!  I AM alive, although you wouldn't know it with all the activity that's been on this page.

Unfortunately, I've been feeling really sick and have had a terribly sore throat for the last couple of days.  That, paired with my amazing ability to avoid doing "work," means I have not posted anything about my experience with "the dress" thus far.  For that reason, I'm going to go through the last five days as quickly as possible while I lie here pathetically on my futon and wait for my thermometer to tell me that I don't have a fever. (As a side note, I wish I did have a fever because then I would have an excuse to avoid class)

So, I started "the project" October 1st (Saturday) in Greenfield, away from campus, at my aunt's house.  Playing with my younger cousins is always a good stress reliever; they smother me in the attention I so desperately crave.  Sadly, I think the little rugrats are the reason I'm now attempting to perform a tonsillectomy in the mirror with a flashlight and a dull blade. 

Here are some pictures to prove that I have been wearing "the dress:"


Saturday Day 1:  I wanted to get a picture of me in just the dress.  However, I ended up throwing on jeans and a sweater because it was SO COLD and I had to sit outside at Zach's soccer game.


"Emily, let's get a picture of us making funny faces!"


"Wait!  Emily, you're wearing that dress for a WHOLE month?"  "yes."  "ok!  Let's make confused faces!"


Day 2: After church, Kenzie threw herself on the ground because I "never listen to ANYTHING [she says]."  Haley and I responded with shocked expressions because we had no idea what else to do... laughing would be mean. 

P.S. Do you like how my hair kind of forms a beard under my chin?  I do.


Day 2:  At Kid's Cove (Sunday evening Children's Church)  I had my Aunt Becky take a picture of this outfit.  My roommate calls it the "Peter Pan" outfit.  If only I had green leggings....


Day 3:  My "contemplating the Amish life" look.  I forgot to take the picture on Monday, so I changed into this the next day and asked Maggie (my roommate) to snap the picture.


Day 4:  Then I changed back into my Tuesday outfit.  I actually went to my dance class dressed like this.  For the record, dancing in a dress and leggings is a little weird.

P.S. In case you can't tell, I am feeling really yucky in the two pictures above. 


And this is what happens if I let Maggie hold my camera for two minutes while I change.  Trust me, 50 pictures later, I learned my lesson.


By the way, she's not insane, she's just spunky.


1 comment:

  1. yay for continuing onward! im so glad your heart has been touched like mine :)

    ReplyDelete