Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Born into a family of big. fat. LIARS!

Okay, so I know I said I'd post on Sunday, and it is now Wednesday.  I lied.  My biggest apology is to my darling cousin Megan, who wanted nothing more than to see her picture up on my blog.  I really don't understand this desire because I hardly ever post anything and people rarely read it.  But nevertheless,  here are the pictures from the girls' Saturday night Homecoming adventures.

While the girls were out dancing and having a grand time, I sat at home and typed things.  Wow, sad.

And yes,  I DO come from a family of hotties.


The soccer star, Katie.  It took a lot of convincing to get her into a dress.


Sister #2: Kristi.


Day 8:  Here's the outfit.  I folded a polo in half and belted it in place.  I think it turned out rather nicely.


Darling Megan,  this is her second homecoming dance this fall.


All five girls:  Me, Megan, Kristi, Katie, and other cousin Chelsea (who came up to help with hair, makeup, etc.)


The three dance-goers


That twig is surprisingly heavy.  I'm struggling.


And this picture was just too adorable to not go on here.  It makes me happy just looking at it.

 The day after the dance, Sunday, we woke up SUPER early to head back to Athens.  All six of us (Mom, Dad, Katie, Kristi, Megan, and I)  piled into our tiny CRV and headed to Findlay first to drop off Megan.

I would just like to point out that I should have been suspicious.  My Dad and Uncle Bob had some kind of secret conversation when we dropped off Megan, and I had NO idea why both of my sisters had to travel 8 hours in the car to drop me off at school.

Anyway, the car ride was cramped and boring.  When my Mom pulled off the highway in Zanesville, I was very confused.  She had some absurd desire to tour the countryside to "see the fall leaves."  When Dad started looking for a specific address to stop at, I knew something was going on.

Eventually, we pulled up to a house.  (It was at this moment I realized what was happening).  Dad walked up to the door after telling us to "stay in the car." (creepy, right?)  A woman with a small child answered the door and motioned us inside. 

She then told us we could just go right into the basement.  And I'm thinking, I don't want to go into your basement, I've never seen you in my life.  But we ventured forth, and there in the basement of this stranger's house was a litter of puppies. 

Yes, you read that correctly, puppies.  I AM GETTING A PUPPY!!!!!

They were only a week old, so by the end of the quarter the little addition to our family should be able to come home.  EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so surprised and am still reeling in excitement.  I don't have pictures of the pups yet, but I'll get some and post them soon(ish).  Sorry in advance for being late.

Here is the rest of my week in pictures.


Day 9:  Puppy Day!  I am SOOOOOOO excited!!!!


Day 10: It's a Monday, gimme a break on the bum look.  It's hard to wear sweatpants with a dress.


Day 11:  Walking to Sycamore Place with Maggie to get info about apartments.  We found leaves.  I love leaves.  I actually put a slightly longer black dress over my project black dress... cool, right?


Day 12:  Nothing interesting here,  I added the belt to make myself look less bum-ish for this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment